creating bunch grass for Jerry Franklin's O-Gauge "Klickitat Jct."

Here are some various views of areas where I am adding "bunch grass" on Jerry Franklin's O-Gauge Model Railroad. Although much of Eastern Washington has "cheat grass", we are modeling "bunch grass" which is native to the landscape. The cheat grass is an invasive species. We will be adding matted grass as well as sage brush and other varieties of vegetation to the layout. I also made the Klickitat sign and made it look aged, also put the Jerry Franklins initials carved into the sign. The clump grass was made by using woodland scenics tan static grass and Noch's summer weeds static grass and was applied to drops of Aillene's craft glue. If I pick the clumps up with tweezers just before the glue is completely dried, I get a sticky underside to the grass clump, so all I have to do it carefully place it and slightly press onto the surface with the tweezers.

Comments