progress on Jerry Franklin's O-gauge and HO-scale model railroad layout June 28, 2013

Here are some progressive shots of the project so far. I love shots like these because they remind me of the work I put into it already. The next stage now is to match the rock patterns that the client wants. He has reference he will share with me on rock that is in Eastern Washington. Columnar basalt rock I believe, where the basalt crystalizes under extreme pressure and cooling and forms five sided columns that grow vertical side by side. They actually look like human made columns. You might want to look that up online to verify but I believe thats a good explanation.

Comments

  1. This type of work may classify as a fine art craft and of course it is sculptural and the final aspect is impressionistic. I would say some parts are even expressionist in some ways. I hope to help bring the craft world of miniatures into the fine art world as a viable form of creative and fine art medium. Some may say it is too illustrative to be fine art but as in science, one can proclaim anything until proven otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment